Directions (Q. No. 1 – 10): Sentences are given with blanks to be filled in with an appropriate and suitable word. Four alternatives are suggested for each question.
Choose the correct alternative out of the four.
1. The pilot was ___ injured; he died within half an hour.
2. His ___ directions misled us; we did not know which road to take.
3. He was very friendly with the press and it really ___ him even for what he did not achieve.
4. The police ____ the mob.
5. I cannot ____ to know much about it.
6. We ___ trouble on our borders.
7. If you drink too much, it will __ your judgement.
8. The punch made the boxer ___ with pain.
9. These essays are intellectually __ and represent various levels of complexity.
10. The soldiers were instructed to ___ restraint and handle the situation peacefully.